On June 12, 2013, the European Expert Workshop On Heat Use From Biogas Plants took place in Vienna, Austria. Welcome words were held by Mr. Gottfried Lamers from the Austrian Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water Management. In the morning session various presentations about feasible heat use options and trends were given. About 40 stakeholders from all over Europe discussed actively in working groups during the afternoon session. Experts have drawn forward-looking conclusions on I) technical solutions, II) business models and financing and III) policy recommendations. The workshop was a great success and brought essential results for the future steps.
The minutes of the working groups will be provided upon request. Below please find all presentations.
- Ekodoma: The BiogasHeat Project
- e7: Make heat, not waste: Learning from practice
- Austrian Compost & Biogas Association: Economic aspects of biogas production in Austria
- WIP: Options for sustainable heat use of biogas plants
- DTI: Good practice example on heat use of biogas plants in Denmark
- REHAU: Good practice example on heat use